Monday, September 6, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago

Just got back from a great weekend back home! (Okay, didn't JUST get back... got back, had a nap, and now I'm blogging!) Mike and I headed up to Mom and Dad's first thing Saturday morning to spend a couple days with the fam. We were able to do a lot in a couple short days...
Saturday we met up with Ed and Blanca at Medieval Times, and brought my cousin Emily with us. These three kiddos were in our wedding together two years ago and it was fun to see them all together. Of course the main reason we went was for the "big kids", Mike and Ed, who had been talking about this earlier in the summer. Maybe someday they aspire to be the knights out there jousting?

And Sunday we had a wedding to go to for a friend of the family, one of the kids Andy and I grew up with. Mom, Dad, Andy, Daria and Mike and I all went, and as Dad pointed out, it was nice to go to a wedding that wasn't for one of his kids, since the last couple weddings have been in our fam :) They had an awesome wedding and it was great to see Eric and his new wife celebrating! I even took one swing around the dance floor with my hubby :)
Pic below is of all of us before we left... I'm going to go ahead and count this as my bump pic for awhile, so here it is, 26 weeks!


It was great to see so many of our family on this trip up and we're looking forward to seeing you again next month... our last visit before baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment