Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chambana shower

This Saturday, I was blessed to spend a few hours with some awesome women here in C-U to celebrate baby Troy's upcoming arrival. It struck me on the way home that just about 3 years ago I hadn't even met most of these women, and now I can't imagine "doing life" without them now!

The spread of food at the shower, including one of the delicious cakes I've ever had, was all that a pregnant woman could ask for. It was great to be able to chat with everyone over lunch and to gather some "mommy wisdom" from a lot of the people there. There were even a few babies there to remind me of what's on the way in a very short while!

When it came time to open gifts, I had tons of fun going through all the great books, clothes and helpful odds and ends we'll be needing for baby. And thanks to all the guests, everything we needed for the nursery came together and I was able to come home and have all kinds of fun up there organizing!

Alyssa, thank you so much for having this shower for me- I'm so grateful! And thank you to all of the guests that were able to share this special day with me!

If you'd like to see more pictures from the shower, my friend Carrie put together a super cute slideshow set to music that you can view here. Thanks Carrie!

The amazingly delicious cake that guests had no problem polishing off!



So glad we remembered to take a picture together... me and my fabulous shower hostess, Alyssa!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad I wasn't able to make it. It looks like you had a wonderful time. The picture slide-show was awesome, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Amy :) It was so much fun, and I'm SO glad we got this adorable picture!!!

    ReplyDelete