Tuesday, December 28, 2010

the routine

No, not the "Geller Routine" from Friends, though that episode always makes me laugh!

I know he's shy of three weeks old and certainly too young for sleep training, but I figured, bare minimum, we have to start somewhere and that place is a nightly routine. Right now we've just been doing whatever, trying lots of different things, at different times. So until he's old enough to learn night from day, I figure we can at least implement something familiar to kick off the overnight every evening.

This is what we're starting with tonight: bath at 8:30, lotion, read, eat, pray, bed

Feedback is welcome... what do you think? This is going to be a work in progress I'm sure...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me! It is basically what we have been doing with Alex since he was about 3 months, minus the bath. I do baths during the day since they seem to wind him up more than calm him down. Also, at that age he was only getting like 1-2 baths/week. Even now I only give him a bath every other day.

    Glad last night went better! That's amazing to only have been up 2x overnight at that age. Yay for progress.

    ReplyDelete