Friday, September 30, 2011

ten

I have lived in Champaign-Urbana during ten homecomings, four of which I was actually a U of I student. I've never been to a homecoming parade, ever. Until tonight. In fact, I don't think I've been to more than a handful of parades, period, in my entire life. I first thought about it around 4pm tonight and then at 5:30 I decided Troy and I would go (it started at 6pm). With Mike out of town, the rest of us Cunninghams have to find things to do!

I think this will be a new family tradition. How fabulous that I can participate in my school's homecoming festivities, and expose my child to them, with zero travel whatsoever! It was a fun way to spend an hour before Troy's bedtime and I can only imagine what he'll think of parades when he realizes every float that passes by is throwing sugar-y goodness his way. Even though about 90% of the cars and floats were pretty boring, the band made up for it. Troy enjoyed watching the lights on the firetrucks, and he was only briefly scared by the Marching Illini, and quickly warmed up to the huge band right in front of us.

This happened on the 5 minute drive to campus. Thankfully he was just recharging his batteries :)

A break in the action...where'd everyone go?

Loudness commences right in front of us. They weren't playing loudly as they approached and then right in front of us,  every person in the marching band chimed in.

His eyes were really wide when the band was going by.

No comments:

Post a Comment