Monday, January 20, 2014

Girl Time

It does not feel like 3.5 years ago that my dear friend Alyssa was throwing me a shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my first baby. Now, several years later, celebrating Baby Kolb's upcoming arrival felt even more special. You see, about four years ago, I had the pleasure of doing life with these ladies in a women's small group. And then when people started moving away just about three years ago and our group stopped meeting, Holly suggested we try out an email accountability group called "good morning girls". Basically the four of us would email each day that we had done our Bible reading and if applicable, a nugget or something that stood out to us that day. This was exactly what I needed to make daily Bible reading something natural in my day and it has been ever since. 

Since then, our group has grown into a place to praise what's going on in our lives daily, share prayer requests and just "hang out" via email every single day since. We all desire to keep growing closer to Jesus and at the same time, keep growing closer to each other :) The four of us haven't been in the same place since our group started, and Alyssa's shower this weekend was the perfect time for all of us to get together. I know just how special our group and friendship is and appreciate these women and their roles in my life more than ever!
Alyssa says, "I want one of these!" Good thing, girlie, since you'll be welcoming your own soon!
Cassidy says, "I like your pretty jewelry, friend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment