Saturday, February 21, 2015

St Louis Trip: Day 1

It's always tradition that if Mike has to work a weekend away in St Louis, the kids and I hop in the car for the (slightly less than) three hour drive. Normally we have my friend Alicia to hang around with, but with an expedition out of the country happening right now, we were going to miss her. Fortunately, all these trips (2014, 2013a, 2013b, 2012, 2011) have me pretty comfortable in the St. Louis area and we have traditionally stayed at the same place.

Upon arrival and our technical difficulties getting checked in, Cass and I had some time to kill while the boys when down to the lobby not just one but two times to get our rooms straightened out. The girl and that smile, I tell ya.


They look SO much alike to me in this pic below. Pardon my daughter's wet shirt. We had all just had hot chocolate and this was my weak attempt to clean the chocolate off her shirt from where she spilled.

Cassidy is lucky to have a daddy and a big bro who look out for her and care for her so much!

Mike had to go to work so the kids and I stayed at the hotel and took some time to play in the pool. Huge win, this pool has a huge 3 foot section, meaning my hands don't need to be on Troy while we play in that area. He's happier and I'm happier not juggling two kids in the water!


Cass swims too! Proof below.

We got ourselves all cleaned up and dressed so that we could go out for a late-ish (for us) dinner. These guys loved the mirror tables all throughout the lobby.

Yelp steered us in the direction of a nearby Mexican restaurant and we all feasted - authentic chips and salsa were a nice carb-y splurge for us!

Obligatory pic of cute sleeping baby in big hotel bed below. Sleeping baby pics never ever get old... to me at least :)

1 comment:

  1. They look so much alike here, I actually did a double take!

    ReplyDelete