Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Puerto Vallarta Vacation - Day 3

Slept in a bit this morning. By sleeping in, I think I mean about 6:30 or 6:45. Woo hoo!

When we got down to breakfast, we were greeted with the daily fruit spread. Oh my goodness. The day before I'd been messaging with some neighbors about a deal on peaches back home I was passing on since we were out of town. This was a nice daily prize in lieu of a peach bounty!


Breakfast looked almost exactly the same for us every day. Omelets. Meat. Like a breakfast fruit/yogurt parfait type thing. Except it was warm and thinner than yogurt. I really liked it. Coffee. And water!

It was shaping up to be a cloudy and overcast day. Look at all those clouds!

Didn't stop us from hanging out under the covered area of the pool deck. The covered area. Under the cloudy sky.

Sushi again...

Then it was time to relocate near the guac! And re apply sunscreen! Did I mention Mike didn't have any on for the cloudy portion of the morning? Because you know, hanging out under the covered pool deck under the clouds and all. At this point he did though! Because look at those sunny skies!


Time to watch parasail-ers take off and land for hours...

We stretched out legs a bit and found a sea urchin! Couldn't really see him but still knew Troy would think this was cool.

There were LOTS of crabs scurrying around. You can see those in the video!


Mike wanted to get IN the ocean! For real!!! Click, click, click went my camera to commemorate the moment!

Got back to the room. This is about the time we realized Mike was sunburned. It's also the time I realized we were basically out of sunscreen with 1.5 days left in Mexico. Ouch.

A nice cold shower and he was good to go. What a trooper.

I loved my outfit this night. Thanks Emily for starting your fab LuLaRoe business right before my tropical vacation. When Mike commented on my skirt he said, "Is that new?" To which I responded yes, I felt like it was good vacation wear. To which he responded, "Ah, the *hidden* cost of vacation. Vacation clothes." LOL.


Dinner - restaurant #3, the French restaurant. Would this be a winner at long last? It started out promising. This is Mike waiting patiently while I snap food pics. Cream of shrimp soup for him. French onion soup for me. Both winners.

Main courses arrived! Look how pretty! Count 'em up. There are three. My first entree, while beautiful looking, wasn't cooked through (chicken). If Mike admits it looks questionable you KNOW it was questionable. So I got beef tips instead and they were quite good. If I had to pick a sit down restaurant that was the "best" it was this one.



We had the idea to go upstairs to our favorite place for the sunset that night. The resort really wasn't very crowded and while there were a couple people around, it looks completely empty in this pic. 



Such a relaxing day! Vacation is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment