Monday, August 15, 2016

A Very Real Bike Ride

I suggested to Troy we go on a bike ride just the two of us over to simply the best bike trails ever, which we have the privilege of living less than half a mile from the entrance of. He loved this idea and we set off with some water and snacks Sunday morning. I wasn't sure what to expect but I really impressed upon him the thought that WE HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY HOME when we decide to turn back :)

Here he is showing me where he goes with Kaleigh, the summer sitter, when they're looking for frogs. Of course my son would want to go off the trail on his very first bike ride in the woods.


Found 'em!

With some gentle coaxing, we got back to the trail where we took off and went for it!

This is where I'd hoped to go. The red covered bridge. That is 2 miles from our house. I expected to turn around and have a solid four mile round trip bike ride. But.... Troy.

After a little snack break he really, really wanted to keep going to see what else we could find. So, new destination.

The gardens, clear on the other side of the woods!

I let him climb to the top of the waterfall to explore. Normally when Cass is with us and we visit there I don't let him. But, whatev. Go for it Troy. Sent this video to Mike with the caption "Don't Go Chasin' Waterfalls..." To which he responded, "Where ARE you!?!" (We'd been gone awhile at that point.) 


Another quick snack break and we turned around to head home. The ride home was much faster than the ride there. I encouraged him to keep going and said we weren't going to go looking for frogs anymore. He was totally fine. No complaining. And home we made it!


No comments:

Post a Comment