Monday, May 22, 2017

Kindergarten Family Picnic

Nearing the end of the school year, the number of "special" things that popped up kept increasing. This one, all four of us were able to have a lunch picnic out on Troy's playground for lunch one day, and then stay for recess to play, too.

There were a LOT of people there! Finding a spot to sit was a challenge!


As soon as we were done eating, the kids wasted no time in running on to the playground.

Troy showed me how he was practicing jump rope skills.

And kept begging "Mom PLAY with me!" So I chased him around the (enclosed, well fenced) playground promptly.

After Troy moved on to showing Mike his basketball skills, I mentioned how I was going to go look for Cass since I hadn't seen her in awhile. I scouted out the playground and didn't see her in the first two minutes. It wasn't much longer until I heard the principal come over the PA announcing "we have a little girl with goldilocks hair who has a missing parent.... mom's name is Amy...."

And so I became the "lost parent" at the kindergarten picnic. Proud mom moment? My daughter knows to ask for help when she can't find me AND remembers my name. Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment